Restoration of the gates and railings
The Beaufoy Institute was built in 1907 as a technical institute for boys, by the vinegar tycoon and philanthropist Mark Hanbury Beaufoy (d. 1916). The school replaced a Ragged School in Lambeth, and a relief and inscription from the earlier building were salvaged and reused. It is now the London Diamond Way Buddhist Centre. The building has particularly fine terracotta modelling, and wrought iron gates and railings. HOLT has given a grant for the restoration of the gates and railings.