Repair the weathervane and clock as part of tower worksSt. James's Church was opened in May 1829. The architect was James Savage, who modelled the church on Greek temples, with galleries round three sides and a giant panelled door. John Betjeman described it as "probably the finest of the Waterloo churches" when he saved it from demolition in the 1960s. The church is beginning a major scheme to repair the masonry to the tower and portico, at the west end. HOLT grants will be given for the flying gilt dragon weathervane (original to the church) and the four clock faces, including the numerals and the hands on each face.